Dear ISAAC Members,
time flies. The year 2017 is soon over.
As always, it was a year of ups and downs, also for our community. I
just want to go down to the heights in our society.
The 11th ISAAC congress was a further milestone in the history of our
Thanks again Joachim Toft, Torsten Lindström, Patrick Wahlberg and the
other local organizers for the organization of this scientific event.
We will always remember this congress.
There were many activities in the special interest groups (see the last
During the last months the officers of ISAAC (Irene Sabadini, Joachim
Toft and Michael Reissig) have given to our organization a formal setting. ISAAC is officially
Moreover, we have an official account. In the new year we plan an
official registration of our new webpage.
Soon the election of our new board will start. At the moment there is
the final check of the system which allows elections via our webpage.
Please use the possibility of voting. Finally, we are planning to send
the next newsletter soon.
The officers wish you, your families, your students and collaborators a
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2018 with a lot of new activities within our ISAAC community.
For the officers
Michael Reissig (President of ISAAC)
The International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation (ISAAC) is a non-profit organization established in 1994 to promote and advance analysis, its applications, and its interaction with computation. Analysis is understood here in the best sense of the word, including differential equations, integral equations, functional analysis, and function theory.
It is imagined that within ISAAC certain special interests groups will exist which organize workshops and mini-symposia at the ISAAC meetings. These special interests groups are to operate independently and to have representation on the ISAAC Board.
With this objective, international meetings shall be organized by ISAAC for the presentation and discussion of research on analysis in the above context. ISAAC will also support, from time to time, other activities, such as summer schools and exchange of scientists.
- Applicable Analysis - journal, a discounted rate for ISAAC members.
- Complex Variables and Elliptic Equations - journal, a discounted rate for ISAAC members.
- Integral Transforms and Special Functions - journal, a discounted rate for ISAAC members.
- Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering - journal.
- International Journal of Evolution Equations - journal.
- Journal of Computational Mathematics and Optimization - journal, 20 % discount for ISAAC members.
- Journal of Analysis and Applications - journal, 20 % discount for ISAAC members.
- Journal of Function Spaces and Applications - journal, 20 % discount for ISAAC members.
- Eurasian Mathematical Journal - journal.
- Journal of Nonlinear Evolution Equations and Applications - journal.
ISAAC Book Series
- INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR ANALYSIS, APPLICATIONS AND COMPUTATION: ISAAC , by Kluwer Acad. Publ., 10 Vols. 1999 - 2003.
- SERIES ON ANALYSIS, APPLICATIONS AND COMPUTATION: SAAC , by World Scientific, since 2003.