2019 (Aveiro, Portugal)
The ISAAC board, the Local Organizing Committee and the Department of Mathematics at the University of Aveiro, Portugal, are pleased to announce the 12th International ISAAC Congress to be held in Aveiro, Portugal from July 29 to August 02, 2019.
The 12th International ISAAC congress continues the successful series of biannual meetings previously held in Delaware, USA (1997), Fukuoka, Japan (1999), Berlin, Germany (2001), Toronto, Canada (2003), Catania, Italy (2005), Ankara, Turkey (2007), London, UK (2009), Moscow, Russia (2011), Krakow, Poland (2013), Macao, China (2015), and Växjö, Sweden (2017).
Confirmed plenary speakers:
Afonso Bandeira - Courant Institute, NYU, USA
Alexander Grigoryan - Universität Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany
Karlheinz Groechenig - Universität Wien, Wien, Austria
Håkan Hedenmalm - The Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
André Neves - University of Chicago, USA
Roman Novikov - Centre de Mathématiques Appliquées, École Polytechnique, France
Tohru Ozawa - Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
Samuli Siltanen - University of Helsinki, Finland
Durvudkhan Suragan - Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan
Current list of sessions and their organizers:
• Complex Variables and Potential Theory (T. A. Azeroglu, M. Lanza de Cristoforis <email@example.com
>, A. Golberg, S. Plaksa)
• Function Spaces and Applications (A. Almeida <firstname.lastname@example.org
>, A. Caetano, S. Samko)
• Function Spaces and their Applications to Nonlinear Evolutional Equations (Mitsuru Sugimoto, Baoxiang Wang <email@example.com
• Quaternionic and Clifford Analysis (S. Bernstein, U. Kähler <firstname.lastname@example.org
>, I. Sabadini, F. Sommen)
• Theory and applications of boundary-domain integral and pseudodifferential operators (S. Mikhailov <Sergey.Mikhailov@brunel.ac.uk
>, D. Natroshvili)
Awards will be presented to young scientists below the age of 40 at the time of the congress for particular merits in analysis, its applications and computation. Candidates for the awards may be nominated by ISAAC Board Members and Session Organisers, but also may apply by themselves.
Nominations and applications should be sent before April 30, 2019 to the address
An Awards Committee will select the awardees. Only participants of the congress will be eligible for the awards. In case a prize winner is unable to participate, she/he will receive only the award document without the corresponding prize.
We recommend that participants book accommodation as soon as possible, as Aveiro is becoming a popular tourist destination and the conference is taking place during peak season.
Accommodation should be either arranged directly with the appropriate hotels or, in the case of the student residence Complexo Residencial de Santiago, with the local organizers.
(1) Complexo Residencial de Santiago
Rooms at the student residence Complexo Residencial de Santiago are all single rooms without breakfast and with a shared bathroom for every two rooms. There is a limited number of such rooms and they will be allocated on a "first come, first served" basis.
price per room - 18,70 euros / night (subjected to annual revision)
Prices do not include breakfast; however, there are several snack-bars and cafeterias spread throughout the campus where breakfast can be purchased for a few euros.
Rooms are guarantee upon confirmation of availability and a deposit payment of 5 nights. This payment can be made together with the registration fee and it will be returned in case of cancellation (tax fees may apply). Unfortunately, it is not possible to guarantee rooms without a deposit payment.
You should contact the organizers by e-mail to check the availability and to make your reservation. The deadline for reservation and payment for these rooms is April 30, 2019, subject to availability.
Participants wishing to stay in a hotel are expected to book their rooms by themselves and we recommend to do this soon. There are plenty of reasonably priced hotels in walking distance of the university; the conference website has a list of suggestions with special prices available for participants. Alternatively, there also various bed & breakfast possibilities (so-called hospedarias, residenciais, and pensões), which are generally cheaper than hotels. While some have a web presence others have to be contacted directly. In case of need of help contact the local organizers.
Registration is now open and can be done online via
The registration fees are structured as follows:
registration fee (ISAAC members) 140 euros (if paid before 30/04/2019)
registration fee (ISAAC members) 170 euros (from 01/05/2019)
registration fee (non-members) 160 euros (if paid before 30/04/2019)
registration fee (non-members) 190 euros (from 01/05/2019)
special registration fee 65 euros (restrictions apply)
The standard registration fee covers the usual expenses (conference materials, digital volume of abstracts, schedules of talks, lunches, coffee breaks etc.).
The special registration fee is available upon approval by the local organizers to participants from developing countries (see the list of countries / regions that do not qualify as developing countries at the webpage) and research students without their own financial support (proof of status required). Lunches are not included in this fee. If you wish to apply for it, please contact the local organizers directly by email.
You are welcome to join the ISAAC Society and play a more active role in the Society activities. You can find how to apply on the web-page of the ISAAC http://isaacmath.org/home/
Reduction in the registration fee applies immediately after your name is included in the list of the ISAAC members.
Participants who wish to give a second talk should negotiate about this with the local and session organizers and, if agreed, can do so for an additional registration fee of 20 euros.
We plan to organize a conference dinner. Further details will be announced in due course on the conference website. The price per participant is expected to be
Conference dinner - 50 euros per person.
Important: if you have dietary restrictions please contact the organizers. Do not forget to indicate your registration code.
Information on payment for registration and the additional fees via a secure payment page or by international bank transfer will be posted soon. Please keep in mind that to be eligible for the discounted fee of 140/160 euros you must complete payment by the cut-off date of April 30, 2019, not just registration.
The ISAAC Society reserved ten grants of 500 euros each to support young researchers or PhD students without own financial support. Interested candidates should send the following documents
1. Curriculum Vitae;
2. title and abstract of their proposed talk, plus confirmation of acceptation from the correspondent session organizer;
3. list of expected expenses;
under the reference “ISAAC - request of support” until February 28, 2019. Notification of the support granted will be given by April 15, 2019.
Letters of Invitation
If you need a formal letter of invitation in order to apply for a visa and/or financial support, please contact the local organizers directly at the following e-mail address:
Letters of invitation will be sent upon request only.
All Participants, who are interested in delivering a talk at the 12th International ISAAC Congress, are kindly requested to observe the following instructions for preparation of their abstracts:
1. Abstracts should be written in Latex, up to 300 words (about three quarters of one page in 11pt LaTeX article style). Use only standard commands provided by amsfonts and amssymb packages;
2. There should be no references and no drawings or footnotes;
3. Language: English only.
4. Deadline for submitting abstracts is April 30, 2019.
Abstracts should be submitted via the online registration page.
Information about Proceedings will be given in the 3rd Announcement.
The International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation (ISAAC) is a non-profit organization established in 1994 to promote and advance analysis, its applications, and its interaction with computation. Analysis is understood here in the best sense of the word, including differential equations, integral equations, functional analysis, and function theory.
It is imagined that within ISAAC certain special interests groups will exist which organize workshops and mini-symposia at the ISAAC meetings. These special interests groups are to operate independently and to have representation on the ISAAC Board.
With this objective, international meetings shall be organized by ISAAC for the presentation and discussion of research on analysis in the above context. ISAAC will also support, from time to time, other activities, such as summer schools and exchange of scientists.
- Applicable Analysis - journal, a discounted rate for ISAAC members.
- Complex Variables and Elliptic Equations - journal, a discounted rate for ISAAC members.
- Integral Transforms and Special Functions - journal, a discounted rate for ISAAC members.
- Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering - journal.
- International Journal of Evolution Equations - journal.
- Journal of Computational Mathematics and Optimization - journal, 20 % discount for ISAAC members.
- Journal of Analysis and Applications - journal, 20 % discount for ISAAC members.
- Journal of Function Spaces and Applications - journal, 20 % discount for ISAAC members.
- Eurasian Mathematical Journal - journal.
- Journal of Nonlinear Evolution Equations and Applications - journal.
ISAAC Book Series
- INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR ANALYSIS, APPLICATIONS AND COMPUTATION: ISAAC , by Kluwer Acad. Publ., 10 Vols. 1999 - 2003.
- SERIES ON ANALYSIS, APPLICATIONS AND COMPUTATION: SAAC , by World Scientific, since 2003.
Update on 2018-08-15 05:34