Dear members of ISAAC,
9 months ago we said goodbye to each other in Växjö, the 12th ISAAC congress in Aveiro is already on the horizon.
The local organizers have already developed a number of activities.
I want to inform you about activities of the officers.
Meanwhile ISAAC has received official status. Our organization is registered in Sweden.
We have an official account in Växjö and our new webpage is registered
for the next 5 years in Krakow.
Please have a look at the new webpage.
There are several improvements made by Vladimir Mityushev and myself.
If you have other proposals for the web, then let us know them.
Now we plan to start our ad to become new members. The officers started it some weeks ago.
Up to now we have 29 new members.
However, we plan to have all ISAAC members in this advertising as well.
The idea is that ISAAC members send to one of the officers names, affiliation and e-mail address of potential candidates invited to membership.
Then we prepare an invitation letter and invite them.
Joachim Toft will inform you later about the proceedings and the volume of the plenary talks.
Some special sessions will publish independently their proceedings,
The local organizers of Aveiro congress already called for
to organize one (or more) special sessions. All ISAAC members are invited to make proposals for special sessions.
If you are interested in, then please send such a proposal to
Paula Cerejeiras (chair of the local organizing committee)
e-mail address: email@example.com
I hope that we have the chance to meet us in Aveiro 2019.
This is all for the moment.
President of ISAAC
The ISAAC board, the Local Organising Committee and the Department of Mathematics at the University of Aveiro, Portugal, are pleased to announce the 12th International ISAAC Congress to be held in Aveiro, Portugal from July 29 to August 02, 2019.
The 12th International ISAAC congress continues the successful series of biannual meetings previously held in Delaware, USA (1997), Fukuoka, Japan (1999), Berlin, Germany (2001), Toronto, Canada (2003), Catania, Italy (2005), Ankara, Turkey (2007), London, UK (2009), Moscow, Russia (2011), Krakow, Poland (2013), Macao, China (2015), and Växjö, Sweden (2017).
CONFIRMED PLENARY SPEAKERS
Afonso Bandeira - Courant Institute, NYU, USA
Alexander Grigoryan - Universität Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany
Karlheinz Groechenig - Universität Wien, Wien, Austria
Håkan Hedenmalm - The Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
André Neves - University of Chicago, USA
Roman Novikov - Centre de Mathématiques Appliquées, École Polytechnique, France
Tohru Ozawa - Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
Samuli Siltanen - University of Helsinki, Finland
Durvudkhan Suragan - Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan
The ISAAC Congress hosts a variety of sessions which provides the mathematical community with a stimulating and rewarding environment for the purpose of encouraging research, advancing mathematical achievement, and providing the communication necessary to progress in the field.
Besides the sessions of the Special Interest Groups ISAAC 2019 will also host sessions on different topics. Proposals for Sessions should be sent to the ISAAC 2019 Organization Committee via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The proposals should include:
* session title;
* organizers - names, affiliations, email addresses, with one organizer designated as the contact person for all communications about the session;
* short description of the topic.
PRELIMINARY LIST OF SESSIONS AND THEIR ORGANIZERS
* Applications of dynamical systems theory in biology (T. Lindström)
* Complex Variables and Potential Theory (T. A. Azeroglu, A. Golberg, M. L. de Cristoforis, S. Plaksa)
* Generalized Functions and Applications (M. Oberguggenberger, S. Pilipovic, M. Kunzinger)
* Harmonic Analysis and PDEs (M. Ruzhansky, J. Wirth)
* Pseudo differential operators (M. W. Wong, tba)
* Quaternionic and Clifford Analysis (S. Bernstein, U. Kähler, I. Sabadini, F. Sommen)
* Theory and applications of boundary-domain integral and pseudodifferential operators (S. Mikhailov, D. Natroshvili)
* Time-frequency Analysis and Acoustical Modelling (L. D. Abreu, P. Balazs)
* Wavelet theory and its related topics (K. Fujita, A. Morimoto)
Registration will be available from 30 September 2018.
Awards will be presented to young scientists of age below 40 at the time of the congress for particular merits in analysis, its applications and computation. Candidates for the awards may be nominated especially by ISAAC Board Members and Session Organisers, but also may apply by themselves.
Nominations and applications should be sent before April 30, 2019 to the address
e-mail : email@example.com
An Award Committee will select the awardees. Awards will only be given to participants. In case a prize winner will not be able to participate, she/he will get only the award document but no corresponding prize.
Accommodation should be arranged directly with appropriate hotels. A recommendation for hotels, as well as indication of available Student Residences, will be included in the second announcement and in the webpage.
INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY BOARD (ISAAC Board)
Michael Reissig (President),
TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany
Joachim Toft (Vice President), Linnaeus University, Sweden
Irene Sabadini (Secretary and Treasurer), Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Luigi Rodino (Former President), Turin University, Italy
Robert P. Gilbert (Honorary President), University of Delaware, USA
Paula Cerejeiras (Chair of the Conference ISAAC 2019), University of Aveiro, Portugal
Heinrich Begehr, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
Okay Celebi, Yeditepe University, Turkey
Massimo Lanza de Cristoforis, University of Padova, Italy
Anatoly Golberg, Halon Academy Institute of Technology, Israel
Uwe Kaehler, University of Aveiro, Portugal
Vladimir V. Mityushev (Webmaster), Pedagogical University of Cracow, Poland
Michael Oberguggenberger, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Stevan Pilipovic, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
Tao Qian, University of Macau, Macao, China
Michael Ruzhansky, Imperial College London, U.K.
Mitsuru Sugimoto, Nagoya University, Japan
Ville Turunen, Aalto University, Finland
Jasson Vindas, Ghent University, Belgium
Jens Wirth, Universität Stuttgart, Germany
Man Wah Wong, York University, Canada
LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Paula Cerejeiras (Chair), University of Aveiro, Portugal
Uwe Kaehler, University of Aveiro, Portugal
James Kennedy, University of Lisbon, Portugal
Milton Ferreira, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria, Portugal
Nelson Vieira, University of Aveiro, Portugal
The International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation (ISAAC) is a non-profit organization established in 1994 to promote and advance analysis, its applications, and its interaction with computation. Analysis is understood here in the best sense of the word, including differential equations, integral equations, functional analysis, and function theory.
It is imagined that within ISAAC certain special interests groups will exist which organize workshops and mini-symposia at the ISAAC meetings. These special interests groups are to operate independently and to have representation on the ISAAC Board.
With this objective, international meetings shall be organized by ISAAC for the presentation and discussion of research on analysis in the above context. ISAAC will also support, from time to time, other activities, such as summer schools and exchange of scientists.
- Applicable Analysis - journal, a discounted rate for ISAAC members.
- Complex Variables and Elliptic Equations - journal, a discounted rate for ISAAC members.
- Integral Transforms and Special Functions - journal, a discounted rate for ISAAC members.
- Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering - journal.
- International Journal of Evolution Equations - journal.
- Journal of Computational Mathematics and Optimization - journal, 20 % discount for ISAAC members.
- Journal of Analysis and Applications - journal, 20 % discount for ISAAC members.
- Journal of Function Spaces and Applications - journal, 20 % discount for ISAAC members.
- Eurasian Mathematical Journal - journal.
- Journal of Nonlinear Evolution Equations and Applications - journal.
ISAAC Book Series
- INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR ANALYSIS, APPLICATIONS AND COMPUTATION: ISAAC , by Kluwer Acad. Publ., 10 Vols. 1999 - 2003.
- SERIES ON ANALYSIS, APPLICATIONS AND COMPUTATION: SAAC , by World Scientific, since 2003.