At the Third International ISAAC Congress, August 20-25, 2001, in Berlin, 10 ISAAC Awards were presented to
- Dr. Jin Chen, Professor at Fudan University in Shanghai, China
- Dr. Young-Bok Chung, Professor at the Chonnam National University in Kwangju , Korea
Complex Analysis of Several Variables
- Dr. Michael Dreher, Research Associate at the University of Tsukuba, Japan
Weakly Hyperbolic and Degenerate Parabolic Differential Equations
- Dr. Miroslav Engliš, Researcher at the Academy of Sciences in Prague, Czech Republic
Quantization Methods on Manifolds and Invariant Differential Operators on Hermitean Spaces
- Dr. Vassili G. Gelfreich, Researcher at the Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
- Dr. Maarten de Hoop, Professor at Colorado School of Mines in Golden, Colorado, USA
Wave Propagation and Scattering
- Dr. Frank Jochmann, Postdoc at the University of Leipzig, Germany
Partial Differential Equations of Mathematical Physics
- Dr. Alexey Karapetyants, Professor at the Autonomous University of Mexico D. F.
Bergman Spaces, Toeplitz Operators, and Singular Integral Operators
- Dr. Vladislav V. Kravchenko, Professor at the National Polytechnic Institute in Mexico D.F.
Quaternionic Analysis and Partial Differential Equations of Mathematical Physics
- Dr. Ya-Yuang Wang, Professor at the Jiao Tong University in Shanghai, China
Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, Shock Waves, and Geometric Optics
The prices were equipped as well with DM 800 each, sponsored by DaimlerChrysler, Motorala, Siemens and the Berliner Mathematical Society, as with several books through donations by Birkhäuser Verlag, Elsevier, Kluwer Academic Publisher, Springer Verlag, and World Scientific. Two awardees not participating in the congress only got the certificates.
The award committee consisted of H. Begehr, E. Brüning, Ju. Dubinskii, M. Essén, R. P. Gilbert, J. Kajiwara, I. Laine, I. Netuka, D. A. Tarzia, M. W. Wong, C. C. Yang.